Class is in session

Our teacher, Cathy MacLean

MacDonald House Museum

Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

In 1983 the Glenmore School was moved here from its original location at Twin Rock Valley. The school was built in 1921 by Angus MacKay and Malcolm Archie MacMillan. Restored by the Lake Ainslie Historical Society, it now depicts a typical, rural, one room school house. At various times during the summer months we present reenactments of " A Day in the Life of a One-room School".   

Glenmore School