The barn housed animals, hay, grain and small machinery used around the farm.
The large barn was built in 1927, and is a replacement for the first barn on site, which was damaged by fire. Most of the beams used in today’s barn are from the original and are hand hewn. The barn is now used as a center for meetings, ceilidh’s and events.
Our Display Barn was purpose built to hold our display of tools, wagons and other farm machinery that was used around Lake Ainslie.
MacDonald House Museum
Cape Breton Nova Scotia